pinned2reality is growing...are you interested in joining the adventure?
Looking for assistance building home decor and furniture pieces on an as-needed basis.
- Experience operating power tools such as: compound miter saw, table saw, jig saw, planer, sander, etc;
- Experience joining wood using pocket hole screws and biscuits (mortise and tenon joining experience is not a necessity but would be an added bonus);
- Experience staining, painting and sealing;
- Basic understanding of wood;
- Mathematically inclined;
- Detail oriented;
- Self-starter who understands boundaries;
- Team player; and
- Honest and trustworthy.
Every project is unique; however, here is a general list of responsibilities.
- Follow formal/informal plans for home decor or furniture pieces;
- Adjust plans on-the-fly if necessary, keeping in mind the project budget and wants/desires of the client;
- Cut dimensional lumber, plane wood, square up wood, sand and stain wood;
- Join wood using various methods of joiner;
- Build other portions of the piece (as outlined in plans);
- Ensure that project is squared up through the building process; and
- Sand, stain/paint, and seal the pieces.
Hours: Driven by the amount and urgency of the project
Pay: Flat amount per project and DOA
Individual would be an independent contractor and responsible for their own taxes. Individual would be given a project, a completion deadline and a list of hours when there would be access to the shop.
Candidate is willing, able and agreeable to completing a criminal background check before the start of work.
How to apply: E-mail email@example.com